Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day

Throughout this fathers' day week, and ongoing, I've been thinking about some of the things I've learned from my dad. Here are a few of them:

Build a fire
Tie a fly
Catch a fish
Skip a stone on water
Drive a clutch
Ride a motorcycle
Weed a garden
Mow the lawn
Play chess
Build a model
Row a boat
Throw a ball
Play tennis
Land surveying
Hiking
Shingling
Barbecuing
Tie a knot
Gather Pine Nuts
Shoot a gun
Light a firecracker
Fly a kite
Change a tire
Water witch
Creative vocabulation

I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful father. He has always been so responsible, and honest with all his dealings, both personal, and in business. Its hard to believe he's a democrat. Thanks for all you taught me, dad. I love you!!! Happy Fathers Day!

My family here in California have been so good to me today. I woke up early to play a round of disc golf at De La Veaga with my friends Aaron and Olin. For lunch, the family and I drove to Gilroy for Mongolian Barbecue.

My kids gave me really nice fathers day cards. Kirsten's said,
"Hey daddy! I hope you have a fabulous fathers day! I am soo glad that I have you for a dad. I love you! I enjoy every minute we get to spend together. Love your daughta, Kirsten"

Mason's card said:
"You're the kind of dad most people wish they had. Glad you're mine. I really am. I'm glad that you support me and my musician-ness, & it's cool you come to so many of my shows. We'll have a great time in Madison! Love Mason"

Mighty Mo has been wonderful, and has pampered me all day. Thanks everyone!

No comments: