Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Died Once

Everyone was having such a good time splashing and playing in the pool. I was only about three or so and couldn't swim yet. I was supposed to stay out of the water... but it looked so fun. Unable to resist the temptation, I jumped into the water where I found myself in a totally different world. I had seen scuba divers on TV, so I tried to emulate the movements of the frog men swimming in the under sea world of Joques Cousteau. I was completely underwater, and could see and hear the others playing around me, but none of them knew I was there. I never experienced any panic, and was quite calm and comfortable as I moved about the water. I was underwater for what seemed like a long time, when suddenly, I was on my back on the concrete, and the sun* was in my eyes. Water was being forced from my lungs, and I was coughing and spitting. Apparently, my sister had found me in the water and pulled me out. No doubt I would be dead had she not been there for me. I owe her my life. Thanks Skarzita!

*I've often wondered... if it was an indoor pool, how is it that the sun was in my eyes?

No comments: