Friday, April 18, 2008

Deputies Prevent Dangerous Rhythms on Hwy 9

I was driving down Highway 9 yesterday, and as I approached the curve in the road where the Dead Campers Bike Path begins, I happened upon three Santa Cruz Sheriffs automobiles strategically parked on the left side of the road in an area where people occasionally leave their cars while they bike the trails that wind through the giant Redwoods. Obviously, something big was going down.

I slowed down to observe three deputies surrounding a demonstratively dangerous man, armed with a drumstick in each hand and seated at a large drum set, banging away. He wasn't even wearing a shirt! Let me tell you... it was a frightening sight to behold. Sensing imminent danger, I got out of there as quickly as possible, (not exceeding the legal speed limit of course), and didn't even look back.

I don't know what came of the rowdy rhythmist, but fortunately the serve and protectors were on hand to deal with the dangerous situation appropriately and effectively. It made me proud to know that a portion of the seven thousand dollars I recently paid in taxes, will go to support the salaries, insurance and retirement of those fine officers... not to mention the prison industry they supply.

Money well spent I say.

No comments: