Saturday, February 28, 2009

Merlin's Magickal Birthday

I've never met anyone like Merlin. Of all of my amazing friends, Merlin was certainly the most capable of all of them. Merlin could do anything better than anyone else... anything.

I've known Merlin since a basketball clinic we both attended during the summer between fourth and fifth grade. He had a little baseball cap with his name across the front... Jimmy.

In Jr. High, Merlin's family moved to my neighborhood, and he became a super friend. We did all kinds of stuff together: Scouts, motorcycles, skiing and etc. and I was always impressed with his supernatural abilities in academics, athletics and mechanics.

Merlin would ride his unicycle both up and down stairs. He built his own skateboard which he cut to his specifications out of a block of aluminum. He skated as well as he skied... effortlessly. The high school football field was located a block from where we lived, and Merlin and I spent quite a bit of time there. I watched Merlin kick one-hundred yard field goals rather regularly. On the basketball court he could easily throw full court and make the basket.

Today is Merlin's BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

jg said...

C: Your hilarious blog about the jello brain made me think that would be something my dad would do. Thanks for the laugh!
--Jan