Monday, June 8, 2009

Ski Tooele


As long as I can remember, there has been talk about creating a ski resort in the Oquirrh Mountains near Tooele, Utah. I've skied the Oquirrhs on a few occasions and find them to be more suitable for cross-country skiing, but a strategically placed ski lift or two would change that. I hope that never happens and it probably never will. Tooele has already grown too big, too fast. It isn't the little town I remember.

Someone made this awesome Ski Tooele sweatshirt sometime in the eighties.



Because of Tooele's close proximity to military proving grounds and a major Army depot, the small desert town has acquired a bit of a reputation for chemical and biological weapons tests and storage, therefore, the skier on the sweater wears a gas mask. I recently had to steal it back from my son who thinks it's his now. Teenagers!

No comments: