Sunday, October 4, 2009

Comb Gib Meir Deine Hair - KNOWHATIMEAN?

This morning Mighty Mo, Punk Girl and I were sitting in the sun soaking up rays. No fog today.... Only sunny skies. As we sat enjoying our solar moment, Mighty Mo commented on my hair, saying, "Your hair looks combed today." Combed! OK, I admit that sometimes I forget to comb my hair, but it's only because I'm not a vain person who spends lots of time in front of the mirror. My goatee and nose hairs are always trimmed nicely, but for some reason, I don't pay much attention to what's going on above my eyebrows, therefore my hair doesn't get combed as regularly as perhaps it should. Maybe it stems from the many years of wearing it pulled back in a long pony tail. The showing-scalp flat top* required even less attention. A little butch wax and I was good to go.

Last week I walked into Sure Cuts on Seabright Ave in Santa Cruz, for my semi-annual hair maintenance session with Sean. "Make me look like a Wall Street tycoon" I requested in my usual manner. He did, and I do... combed and everything. "It could work."

* "Particular about the point it made."

**For the uninitiated, the "Make me look like a Wall Street tycoon" line comes from the old nineties Saturday morning TV show, "Hey Vern, It's Ernest," starring Jim Varney as Ernest P. Worrell. In every episode, Ernest walked into the barbershop and said, "Make Me look like a Wall Street
tycoon." The barber never does get it right, and apologizes to Ernest saying, "Silly me... I thought you said... a complete buffoon", "a clock set on noon", "a windswept sand dune", and etc. Ernest would always optimistically reply, "It could work."

No comments: