Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Yeast Lords

Today the whole family watched the deleted scenes plus other out-takes and commentary from the Gentlemen Broncos DVD we purchased yesterday. We all laughed so hard.

I'm not quite sure why I like this movie so much... it probably has something to do with the fact that it is a secret. So few have seen it and that makes me feel like I know something that no one else knows. Secret knowledge is very tantalizing. It is seriously funny, too with a variety of allusions that most people will never appreciate... like the typology of Porter Rockwell in Bronco, (ironically played by Sam Rockwell), the central "protag" in the Benji Boy's version of Yeast Lords.

In the future, everyone will love this movie. I'll probably hate it then, but for now, I love it.

No comments: