Sunday, June 20, 2010

FatherZ Day 2010

I started out by wearing one of my favorite t-shirts that features a photo of my long-lost friend Solon. I often wonder what happened to him.


Shrouded in greenery, Cafe Brasil is one of our family favorites...

Mighty Mo took me there for breakfast this morning. I had a yummy Eggs Florentine... poached eggs atop baguettes with spinach and fresh avocado with a generous helping of
Hollandaise sauce. Mighty Mo got the Orfeu Negro... two poached eggs on sliced baguette and topped with melted, stringy mozzrella cheese and stewed black beans with fresh scallions and exotic Brazilian spices. Yum!.

A sculpted face on the facade of a Santa Cruz West Side home.

Lighthouse, natural arch and Cypress Tree ornament the shore of the Pacific Ocean.

Birds on a rock watch the fishermen in awe.

I like to walk through the arch at low tide.

The refurbished whale at the Natural History Museum looks great. I was sad when vandals smashed him up last year, but now he looks better than ever.

For a late lunch, the whole family travelled to Sunnyvale to have lunch at Gobi Mongolian BBQ. I love Mongolian BBQ, and rarely have the opportunity to enjoy it.

It looks so good, I wish I had seconds.
The Cats at Los Gatos are a major landmark.
I've always wanted to get pictures of these majestic looking and very large kitties who guard the entrance of someones property just outside of Los Gatos, CA Meow!
Looks just like Scratch
Watched the sunset from my favorite vantage point on Third Street, and bid farewell to Spring. I had a wonderful Fathers Day, and I hope that you did too.

1 comment:

Dave said...

That looks like Fin Whale. Nice kitties! I'll be celebrating Father's Day sometime later on then.