Friday, March 4, 2011

My WiFi Woes Behind the Zion Curtain

I'm writing this post whilst sitting in the parking lot at the Tooele McDonalds, because it is the only place in town to access WiFi. I'll fill in the blanks later when I'm more comfortable, meantime, enjoy a few 3D/stereoscopic images.

Here's a shot I took of my great little car as an approaching storm rolls in engulfing the Oquirrh Mountains in the background.

I nearly got killed at this rail road crossing many years ago as I was taking my girlfriend home from a date in Salt Lake. Not long after that near calamity, a friend of mine was killed here along with his one-year old baby. The Union Pacific RR finally installed lights, a crossing gate and other improvements to prevent more unnecessary deaths here.
The Great Salt Lake is a place shrouded in mystery. I've always been curious about this square building on the south shore. I assume that it had something to do with the old railroad line that brought folks from Salt Lake City to the old Saltair Resort that burned down at least twice before being abandoned. A new Saltair Resort exists nearby now.


1 comment:

Dave said...

Funny you should mention being behind the curtain. Because 65 years ago that Churchill gave his famous speech about a curtain being made from a metaphoric metallic substance.