Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April foolZ


For at least four years I've been perfecting a wonderful April Fools prank that was to be published at 12:01 am today, April 1. I say, was, because the content on the file no longer exists* so the April Fools joke is on myself.

Dumb decision 

I decided to have one final read through and had changed two words to two other words when I noticed that the old text was being consumed by the new text as I was typing. I quickly "undid" a couple of times and zap! Blank white monitor. Reacting quickly, I failed to undo undo so immediately closed the file. I've learned the hard way that closing an unsaved file sometimes doesn't auto-save changes I've made to it, so considered closing to be a possible option for recovering the text. Nope! Nada! Zilch! Not even!

I considered rewriting it but it was just too perfect to reproduce, at least for right now. It's still on file in my brain so who knows? Maybe someday. Meanwhile, 
Have a Nice April Fools Day!

 *Nobody's blaming Martin Harris' wife... OK! She did it! And that George Bush too! And those Tea Party guys!!! and that one Santa's Elf who went bad, (snappy dresser though). 

No comments: