Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jr. Junk Food Junkie

"Mmm, Hostess Cupcakes!" I salivated as I tore open the cellophane wrapper with my teeth and completed the tear with my fingers, hurrying to get to the chocolaty desserts. I had ridden my little green five speed Schwinn bicycle, (complete with banana seat and sissy bar), all the way to Allen's Food Farm to purchase the delicious morsel. I quickly sunk my teeth into the spongy cake and enjoyed my first bite... until I looked at the cream filled chocolate cake in my right hand which revealed a plethora of squirming maggots where I had just taken a bite. I spit out the partially masticated portion, threw the remaining cake in the nearby garbage can, jumped on my bike, and headed for home... pedaling as quickly as my little seven year old legs would pump... spitting all the way. When I got home, I left the bike laying on the lawn, ran through the house to the bathroom, and washed my own mouth out with Ivory soap. Yuck!

No comments: