Friday, October 19, 2007

Deef Dumb and Blinded By Laser Beams


In rhetrospect, I was dumb to go... I didn't even like Ted Nugent, but my friends Jon, Mark and Ese persuaded me to go with them. It was a pretty lame show with little memorable and not much of mention, except for the encore, (or was it an accident or prank? I'm not sure), Teddy boy surprised everyone with an explosion of decibelistic excess. I was standing when the shock wave hit me... the blast blew me back into my seat. My head hurt, and ears rang with a painful throbbing drone as we exited the Salt Palace Arena. "As if Nugent wasn't loud enough... Why did he have to go and do that? Who does he think he is?" The ringing in my ears was so loud I could barely hear my inner dialogue.

Now here I am about twenty eight years later, and my ears are still ringing. Thanks, Ted! You're a real cl
ass act and a hell of an American. Keep up the good work.

I can't give Ted credit for my decline in visual sensory activity though. Laser beams are responsible for that. Thanks laser beams.

No comments: