Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mad at Glad Bags' Bad Idea - A Rhetropinion

$ometimes a bad idea goes way too far. I'm speaking of scented products which seem to be everywhere these days. Scent went epidemic with those terrible smelling fabric softener sheets that people throw into the dryer with their clothes. Do people really think that makes them smell better? Duh! Please people, get a clue... you smell worse than cigarettes do. It may even be worse for you... it certainly can't be good to coat your vestures, which come in direct contact with your skin, with questionable chemical combinations. Oh, yea... I forgot... people don't think. That's why this kind of crap is so popular.

Worst Idea Ever!

Most recently, Mighty Mo came home with what appeared to be our regular box of Glad Tall Kitchen (garbage) Bags, but when we opened it, and took out the first one, we realized that they were contaminated with a raunchy smelling new fresh scent. Since we didn't have an alternative, we gave the bags a try. Before long the kitchen was filled with the sickening sweet odor, and when I couldn't take it any longer, I moved the garbage to the garage, then opened all the windows and doors to rid my home of the putrid freshness.

I tried to complain to Glad's customer service department at their website, but was unsuccessful. It was as if they made it impossible to contact the company there. I should have returned the bags to the store, but continued to use them. I found that by opening up several bags at a time, and hanging them outside for a few days, they became almost tolerable to use, but never entirely gave up their stench. It made the back-yard look quite fancy as well. I'm sure my neighbours loved the collection of white trash bags hanging from trees and blowing in the breeze, while spreading their foul fragrance throughout midtown.

I was SO happy when the box of smelly-bags was empty. Mighty Mo returned from the store with our usual box of Glad Tall Kitchen Bags with Drawstring and 3-Ply Strength. I was Glad.

A word to the wise. Avoid those smelly bags and like products.

Finished ranting... I feel better now. Rhetro

No comments: