Saturday, July 12, 2008

San Jose Mercury News - Stolen!

Today, for the fourth consecutive Saturday, someone has successfully stolen my Saturday edition of the San Jose Mercury News.

I don't even like the newspaper, but I figured that since it's an election year, and given the fact that I'm a big propaganda connoisseur, it seemed appropriate that I should subscribe for a few months.

When the first paper arrived, I was treated with a stately image of presidential candidate Barak Obama, contrastingly positioned next a cooky looking, sunglassed and baseball capped John McCain. Positioned next to McCain, in a completely unrelated story on rising fuel prices, a photo of a guy, (wearing cap and glasses similar to McCain's in the adjacent image), holding a gas nozzle which appeared as though it was pertruding from the Republican presidential candidate's head. Subtle, but effective.

I am fascinated with what is so special about the Saturday edition of the paper that would drive someone to go out of their way to steal it every week. I feel like I'm missing something now.

Maybe I'll set up a surveillance camera outside. At least I would know if the paper is indeed being stolen, or simply not being delivered.

3 comments:

Freida Bee said...

It would really suck if your surveillance camera were stolen instead, though....

Rhetro Zenberg said...

Make that seven consecutive Saturdays now. Gotta get that camera.

Rhetro Zenberg said...

Update:

I've been taking the paper for over five months now, and today I finally received my first Saturday delivery.

I'm SO excited