Saturday, October 4, 2008

=@# - The Residents @ the Rio - #@= Part 1

I Have Got a Story To Tell

Today, for the first time all summer, rain was in the forecast for Santa Cruz... just in time for the Residents Bunny Boy Tour debut. The threatening skies swirled and gloomed, but remained respectful to the fans who came out to see the infamous eyeballed ones.

The show was incredible. I've been spending the past hour or so thinking about the the Residents performance earlier tonight. As usual, it was nothing like I had ever seen. It's always that way when it comes to the Residents. I don't know how they stay so far ahead of gr@vity.

At this point, I realize that
more than one post will be required to describe my evening with the Residents.

Arrived Early

When I arrived a little past six o clock, there were already a hundred or so people ahead of me in line. I staked out a spot while Mighty Mo set out to interview a handful of attendees. Here's what she shot.

Where ya from sailor?



Local Santa Cruzan, Trevor 1, claims to be a quantum visionary.





Bay-Arean, Double A, came all the way from Santa Cruz to see the Residents for his first time.




Solon Hammack came all the way from behind the Zion Curtain to see the Residents at the only show west of the Mississippi. He told Mighty Mo that he wore a Residents shirt to a Yip Yip show, so he returned the favour tonight by wearing a Yip Yip shirt to a Residents show. Yip!




Mason is a Vox Jaguar from Santa Cruz.

See more video from the Residents at the Rio on the You Tube

No comments: