Friday, November 14, 2008

Pull the Wool Over Your Own Eyes


Surprise! Metro Santa Cruz actually published my letter to the editor which was sure to anger most everyone who read it.

From Metro Santa Cruz, November 12-19, 2008 Volume 15, number 29 - page four.

I am so disappointed in my so called anti-war community here in Santa Cruz. Maybe I can blame it on ignorance, (not something Santa Cruzans enjoy being accused of), but I have to wonder how it escaped the attention of so many of my peace-loving neighbors that President-elect, Barack Obama, was a pro-war candidate who has made it clear that he intends to escalate the war in Afghanistan, and perpetuate the war on terror. Nevertheless, peace-loving Santa Cruzans zealously cast their votes for Obama's war-mongering policies anyway. Wow! Where was my community's voice for peace? Maybe people do realize that Obama is pro-war, and assume that war won't be as painful under a Democrat. Isn't that kind of like saying that daddy doesn't hit as hard with his left hand? Another social contradiction is the support of Obama among the GLBT community. Joe Biden made it clear that he and Barack are both against same-sex marriages, yet the gay community ignored this fact, and gave their support to Obama anyway. Personally, I voted for peace and freedom. I'm sorry that my community didn't join with me.

No comments: