Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TRAIL VS RUSSIA - CD Review *****

Trail vs. Russia CD Front
As I mentioned in a previous post, I occasionally purchase records and CDs based solely on the cover. About two years ago, I found this Trail vs. Russia CD at the Santa Cruz flea market. I think I paid a dollar for it. It was worth it, though.

This CD has a certain aesthetic uniqueness that separates it from the common packaging of most CD releases. Located inside the clear plastic window of the CD is a small plastic army man holding a rifle. I love it when this space is used creatively for something other than empty space. The artwork is simple and lends to the atmosphere of the Eastern-block military theme.

Plastic Army Man with Rifle

The music on this CD is surprisingly good as well. In fact, it has become one of my favorite CD's. This instrumental power trio provides some really motivational tunes that are perfect for times when something needs to get done in a hurry.

Trail vs. Russia CD Back

Recorded in 2001, the disc itself is thematically Russian and glossy black on its underside rather than the familiar shiny reflectant we've become accustomed to seeing. Very unique and quite Cool!

If I ever stumble across another Trail vs. Russia CD, I will certainly purchase it. I'd pay full price for one of these jewels.

No comments: