Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl daZe

So far so good anyway. I'm speaking, of course, about the super bowl and the fact that I still haven't found out who the competing teams are this year. I don't know because I'm not at all interested in the big distraction and do my best every year avoiding what has become the climatic opiate of the masses.

While talking to my dad on the phone earlier today, he couldn't understand why I didn't know who was playing and attempted to inform me, but I quickly stopped him before he could say anything more than the Saints. Fortunately I've stayed aloof from the sports scene long enough to not know where the Saints hail from. The only Saints I know about, are the Latter-day Saints I know from Utah, but I doubt that the Beehive State has a professional football team. They wouldn't call them something stupid like the Saints if they did.

No comments: