Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy to Pay

Yesterday, thousands of American citizens showed up at rallies across the country to protest over taxation in general, and the misuse of federal funds in particular.

I didn't go to the protest in San Francisco where thousands of angry citizens showed up. I didn't go because I say nay to the nay sayers. Paying taxes is what America is all about.

Without taxes, how would we build the bombs that blow up buildings, and how would we pay to rebuild those buildings that were blown up?

Without taxes, bankers wouldn't be getting those big bonuses they had been expecting, and automobile executives would have to play by the same rules as regular people. We don't want that, now do we?

Yes, I'm happy to stand up for freedom and pay my fair share so that we can continue to bomb and rebuild other parts of the world.

Happy Easter

No comments: