Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rudy Awakening or Giuliani's Island


Person of the Year 2001
President Elect 2008
Not!

Earlier this week, I retired my Rudy Giuliani-Countdown to Victory 2008 calendar that has been hanging on the wall way too long.

No! I didn't support Rudy for president, and certainly wouldn't have voted for him had he received the Republican nomination. I bought the calendar for 25 cents at a second hand store sometime last year. I couldn't resist the ridiculous photos and corny slogans like, "You're in for a Rudy Awakening" - "Rudy Set Go" - "Put Rudy on Duty" and etc. I actually wish I had a calendar for all of the kooky presidential candidates... especially Romney, the flip/floppiest of them all.

Ron Paul was the only candidate out of the whole bunch that told the truth about everything, but Americans wanted a precedent, rather than a president, and set
themselves up for either an African American man, or a woman... the new thing, rather than the right thing.

Ironically, Americans got the same old thing in exchange for their votes for change. The war is being escalated, and big brother is getting bigger.


I wish Americans had done the right thing for a change... for REAL change.

No comments: